Unfortunately, workplace accidents are common in America, especially on construction sites. If you were injured, remember you have the same rights as any other construction worker in New York state regardless of:
- - your immigration status
- - the fact that you are paid in cash
- - whether or not you have paid taxes
- - whether or not you are in a union
- - even if it is your first day working on the site
At Siegel & Coonerty, we provide dedicated legal representation for individuals who have been injured or killed in construction actions throughout New York. We have obtained many multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients, including an over $11.9 million verdict for a construction worker who fell from scaffolding, resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a construction site accident, contact our office at (844) 431-1218 for a free consultation.
What to Do Immediately After Being Injured
- - Stay calm and don’t move – assess your injuries. Panicking may make your situation worse, so try to assess your ability to move or get to safety as rationally as possible.
- - Immediately get names and numbers of all possible witnesses.
- - Take photos and videos of the scene (and ask witnesses to do it).
- - Report the accident to your supervisor – short and simple.
- - Take note of where your accident happened – including address and floor.
- - Do not keep working.
- - Seek medical attention quickly at a qualified hospital or urgent care center – not your boss’s clinic.
- - Make sure to tell the doctor/nurse exactly what happened, and every single body part you hurt or may have hurt – do not let someone do the talking for you!
- - Contact Siegel & Coonerty as soon as possible at (844) 431-1218.
- - Do not speak to anyone other than your doctors/nurses, and your lawyers, about the accident and your injuries.
- - Know that your medical bills and lost wages can, and should, be paid by worker’s compensation.
- - Siegel & Coonerty will make sure you see highly qualified doctors.
- - Get medical/surgical treatment as often as needed.
Hiring the Right Construction Accident Attorney
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a construction accident, it is strongly recommended that you retain legal counsel. At Siegel & Coonerty, we are compassionate advocates for our clients, vigorously defending their right to compensation. Contact our office today at (844) 431-1218 to speak directly with an experienced, highly-qualified lawyer. We do not give up on you or your case until our sense of justice is served.